Why choose Animal Science Pet Sitting? Read Customer Testimonials
- Locally owned and operated. Not a franchise.
- I have adequate knowledge and experience in caring for pets and am clearly mindful of their safety and well being
- I conduct business with honesty and integrity.
- I am a professional. I show courtesy and professionalism in all dealings with clients, staff and industry colleagues.
- Client confidentiality is one of my top priorities.
- I never overbook but allow sufficient time to each pet I commit to.
- I visit the client’s home before the first pet-sitting assignment to meet the pets and get detailed information about their care.
- I provide forms and literature to describe services and communicate fees.
- The forms I provide to all new clients help me to learn as much as possible about the animals in my care.
- I take precautions to make sure a client’s absence from home is not detectable because of any careless actions or disclosures by Animal Science Pet Sitting.
- I communicate to confirm pet sit assignments, send daily emails to let you know how your pet is doing, and check with the client to see if they have returned home.
- I have professional, experienced and certified back up pet sitters.
Sizing up a pet sitter
- Ask for client references and check them.
- Is the petsitter you interview with the petsitter who sits the pets?
- Do they know basic animal medical care?
- What does the sitter do if there is an emergency and your veterinarian's office is closed?
- Does the sitter have policy, procedures, contract and pet information forms?
- Is the pet sitter professional, reliable, and trustworthy? Make sure the pet sitter will not send a contractor out to your house or bring a stranger into your home without your permission.
- Sitter should ask for your pet's routine on eating, sleeping, potty breaks, walking, exercise, medications, medical history, hiding places, favorite toys, problems such as barking or chewing, vaccination history, your veterinarian's place of business and telephone number.
- Ask how you will communicate in case of an emergency.